Selection of optimal transport itinerary
Elaboration of optimal transport itinerary is an important issue in providing quality freight forwarding services. It is created as a result of a comparative analysis of all possible routes. When planning, we are taking into account the following:
- Points of departure and destination
- Conditions at the points of departure and destination
- Required delivery date
- Restrictions on the transportation cost
- Dimensions and weight of cargo
- Admissibility of goods carriage by various modes of transport
- Existence of contractual relations with carrier companies in various fields, as well as with the intermediate storage used for the reorganization of transport units
- Collected and analyzed information on the state of transport routes and points of handling throughout the entire shipping
- Availability of transport units
- Readiness of cargo to various modes of transport, the amount of preparatory activities for the preparation of the goods and its packaging for different modes of transport
- The need for quality control before shipment and in the transfer points
- Requirements for forwarding en route
- Preferred points of border crossings and customs clearance
- Restrictions on the passage of different types of cargo through checkpoints and logistics hubs
- Other information necessary for smooth delivery by various modes of transport and much more.
The optimal route ensures not only timely delivery of cargo to the consignee but also significantly reduces the cost of its delivery, making it at the same time as fast as possible and reliable.
The very question of elaboration and selection of the optimal transport route suggests that to know the original data is not enough for decision-making. It is necessary to collect and analyze a variety of indicators, such as:
- Specificity of cargo;
- Requirements to the special conditions of carriage.
- Gathering information about the roads to the destination;
- Analyzing the possibility of the vehicle relevant to the carried cargo to pass available roads.
Selection of the transport mode
- Depending on the characteristics of the cargo;
- Depending on the distance from the destination;
- Selection of the sequence of vehicles use in multimodal transport.
- List of state organizations, approving and controlling the route.
- Requirements for customs clearance
- Other events
As can be seen, the elaboration of the optimal route is a very difficult and crucial stage which underlies the entire supply chain, and therefore, it is fundamental to the success of the whole shipping operation.
This service is rendered by the following regional offices:
- Regional office in Russia(current page)
We will be happy to answer your questions
ул. Енисейская, д.7, к.3, Москва, 129344, Россия
Phone: (495) 982-51-27
Fax: (495) 982-51-27
|Forwarding in Russia|
|Certification of cargo|
|Classification of containers|
|Classification of oversized cargo|
|Hazardous cargo classification|